Thursday, February 19, 2026
LibyaReview
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
LibyaReview
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Libyan Military Leaders to Meet in Sirte & Benghazi

July 19, 2022
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Major General Khaled Al-Mahjoub, Director of the Moral Guidance Department in the Libyan National Army (LNA), said that Benghazi will host the upcoming 5 + 5 Joint Military Committee (JMC) meeting soon.

Al-Mahjoub added that Monday’s meeting in Tripoli between the Chief of Staff of the LNA, Lieutenant-General Abdulrazek Al-Nathouri and the Chief of Staff of the Government of National Unity (GNU) Major General Mohamed Al-Haddad, will be followed by meetings at the same level in Benghazi and Sirte.

According to Al-Mahjoub, the visit comes as part of the implementation of the ceasefire agreement and its provisions. These include the evacuation of foreign forces and mercenaries, as well as the reintegration of militants into the military.

Notably, the JMC meeting in Tripoli reiterated the importance of maintaining the ceasefire agreement, and avoiding a renewal of violence.

A western JMC, Mustafa Yahya stated that the committee is working to preserve the ceasefire agreement throughout the country. As well as implementing the full terms of the agreement, including coordinating arrangements for the withdrawal of mercenaries and foreign fighters from Libya.

Yahya called on all political parties to give priority to the interest of the country, to secure a stable Libya.

The two senior military officials met earlier this year at the Mahari Hotel in Sirte. They discussed the unification of the military institution.

In January, JMC member Lieutenant-General, Khairi Al-Tamimi said that this was a continuation of a previous meeting within the framework of a program to unify the military institution, and build confidence between the two parties.

Al-Tamimi added that “this step goes in the right direction.” The Libyan newspaper, Al-Mustaqbal, quoted sources as saying that the meeting discussed the current arrangements for the deportation of foreign fighters.

Tags: benghaziKhalid al MahjoublibyaLibyan armyLibyan MilitarySirte
Next Post

What Did Bashagha Say About Libya’s Sovereign Institutions?

POPULAR CATEGORIES

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

MUST READ

Storming of Tripoli HQ Sparks Fresh Crisis in Libya’s Judiciary

Reform or Delay? Dbaiba’s Cabinet Shake-Up Raises Fresh Questions Over Libya’s Elections

Security Boost Announced for Southern Libya During Ramadan

French Exports to Libya Soar Nearly 50% in 2025

Libyan Army Marks February 17 Anniversary with Pledge to Defend State & Sovereignty

UK Urges Political Breakthrough as Libya Marks 15 Years Since February 17

EDITOR PICKS

EU’s Operation Irini Deepens Coast Guard Training Partnership with Libya

UN Sounds Alarm Over Libya’s Deepening Political & Judicial Divide

Libya Ends Century-Long Battle With Trachoma, WHO Confirms

Storming of Tripoli HQ Sparks Fresh Crisis in Libya’s Judiciary

Libyan Judicial Team Flies to Ankara After Black Box Findings in Deadly Crash

Reform or Delay? Dbaiba’s Cabinet Shake-Up Raises Fresh Questions Over Libya’s Elections

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR