Sunday, February 22, 2026
LibyaReview
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
LibyaReview
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Al-Mismari: Libyan Army Enhancing Capabilities to Confront Terrorism

January 2, 2023
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Spokesman for the Libyan National Army (LNA), Major General Ahmed Al-Mismari said that “the goal of the General Command is to raise the efficiency of the Armed Forces personnel, to confront the terrorist threat that still exists.”

In an interview with Libya Al-Hadath newspaper, Al-Mismari added that the LNA is “working to enhance readiness, to face any danger.” He explained that “all of this requires advanced capabilities.”

Last month, the Commander-in-chief of the LNA, Field Marshal Khalifa Haftar said that the unity of Libya is a red line, stressing that they will never allow any encroachment on it.

During his speech on the occasion of the 71st anniversary of Libya’s Independence, the Field Marshal confirmed, “The LNA General Command announces a final opportunity through which a road map is drawn and elections are held.”

“Libya is still one and indivisible,” warning those who try to harm it,” Haftar noted.

“We recall that we are the first to call for free, fair, and transparent elections, and the United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL) must shoulder its responsibility to solve the Libyan crisis,” Haftar confirmed.

“We stress the necessity of the equitable distribution of oil revenues without marginalization,” he pointed out.

“The Libyans are the only ones capable of solving their problem and reaching a single unified Libyan state,” LNA Commander stated.

“There must be tolerance and renunciation of violence, and religious and media discourse must be changed to unify the ranks of the Libyan nation,” Haftar stressed.
“We call on all cities and regions of western Libya to a Libyan-Libyan dialogue and to reunite the Libyans,” he said.

“The Libyan people bear full responsibility for those who separated them and illegally handed over a citizen.”

“We assure the family of Abu Ajila Masoud (who was handed over to the US over alleged involvement in the 1988-Lockerbie bombing) that we will not leave them, and we demand a briefing on the circumstances of his arrest,” according to Haftar.

Tags: al-mismarilibyaLibyan armyterrorism
Next Post

Libya Joins International Energy Forum

POPULAR CATEGORIES

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

MUST READ

Libya Edges Toward Uncertainty as French Report Flags Rising Tensions

Cross-Border Threats Prompt Libya–Chad Security Partnership

Former US National Security Adviser Sounds Warning on Libya

Libya Faces Mounting Pressure as UN Seeks $1.6B for Sudan Displacement Crisis

Targeted Killing in Al-Zawiya Raises Fears of Security Breakdown

As Libya Restarts Energy Tenders, Turkey’s “Dorce” Moves to Scale Up

EDITOR PICKS

Eastern Libya Sees Fresh Deportations as Migration Controls Tighten

Southern Libya Security Forces Seize Smuggling Vehicles in Al-Kufra

Libya’s Digital Revolution: Banking App Users Surpass 4.2 Million

Former US National Security Adviser Sounds Warning on Libya

Libya Faces Mounting Pressure as UN Seeks $1.6B for Sudan Displacement Crisis

Libya Edges Toward Uncertainty as French Report Flags Rising Tensions

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR