Monday, May 18, 2026
LibyaReview
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
LibyaReview
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Crime Index Decreased in Libya’s Benghazi

April 2, 2023
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Interior Ministry of the Libyan Parliament-designated government announced a decrease in the crime index in the city of Benghazi.

The office of the Assistant Undersecretary, Faraj Qaim said in a statement that “no criminal activity was detected from 23-29 March 2023.

Qaim met with the Director of the Benghazi Security Directorate and the Heads of police stations. According to the statement, the meeting discussed the continuation of security operations to eliminate drug dens, collect weapons, and arrest wanted persons.

They emphasized the intensification of efforts to combat crime, in accordance with the recently announced security plan.

Last month, Qaim stressed the need to “tighten security in Benghazi and intensify security operations.”

During an expanded meeting with the Director of the Benghazi Security Directorate, and chiefs of police in the city, Qaim underscored the need to “eliminate drug dens, collect weapons, arrest wanted persons, and implement sentences.”

He also vowed to “overcome the difficulties and provide all the necessary support to the security services and all components of the Ministry of Interior.”

Qaim called for raising the level of security work, “which is witnessing a great improvement on the ground, and a decrease in the incidence of crime compared to previous periods.”

He said that “the Interior Ministry and the security forces in the east of Libya have become stronger than ever before.”

He praised the “excellent situation” that had been achieved through “great cooperation and harmony between the security and judicial agencies in the east of Libya.”

In February, Qaim confirmed the launch of an expanded campaign to collect weapons in the areas controlled by the Libyan National Army (LNA).

He explained that this campaign was launched on the instructions of the Commander-in-Chief of the LNA, Field Marshal Khalifa Haftar.

Qaim added that the expanded campaign “will include the searching of homes, and whoever refuses to hand over what is in his possession to the nearest camp or directorate will be referred to the Anti-Terrorism Prosecution.”

Tags: benghaziCrimeFaraj QaimInterior Ministrylibya
Next Post

EU to Support Niger's Evacuation of Migrants from Libya

POPULAR CATEGORIES

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

MUST READ

Libyan National Army Launches Largest Military Exercise

Can Libya’s New Border Strategy Reshape Sahel Security?

Libya Receives Additional US Dollar Shipment To End Foreign Currency Shortages

Libya Fuel Crisis Concerns Grow Despite Official Denials

Renewed Security Unrest Reported in Libyan Capital, Tripoli

Libya and Chad Strengthen Diplomatic Ties with Benghazi Consulate

EDITOR PICKS

Libyan Court Clears Former Gaddafi Officials Of Charges Linked To 2011 Unrest

Libyan Parliament Speaker Praises Egypt’s Support for Libya

Libya Fuel Crisis Concerns Grow Despite Official Denials

Libya Restores Operations at Sebha International Airport

Can Libya’s New Border Strategy Reshape Sahel Security?

Libya and Chad Strengthen Diplomatic Ties with Benghazi Consulate

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR