Friday, August 29, 2025
LibyaReview
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
LibyaReview
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Greece Denounces Turkey After Ankara Extends Mediterranean Survey

October 25, 2020
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

On Saturday, Turkey announced it was extending operations for a seismic survey in a disputed area of the eastern Mediterranean until November 4.

In a statement on Sunday, the Greek Foreign Ministry responded by saying it would file a complaint with the Turkish side following the new advisory, which Athens said was in an area within the Greek continental shelf. It described Turkey’s extension of the survey as an “illegal move.”

Turkey withdrew the ship of Oruc Reis last month to allow for diplomacy before an EU summit. After the summit, EU member states said they would impose sanctions against Turkey if it continued its operations in the region. Turkey says its operations are within its continental shelf.

Last week, Greece’s Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis accused Turkey of “imperialist fantasies” in the eastern Mediterranean during a meeting with the leaders of Cyprus and Egypt.

Mitsotakis said Turkey had been using “extreme rhetoric” and taking unilateral actions while ignoring international order as well as appeals for dialogue from the European Union, Russia and the United States.

Tags: DenouncesEast MediterraneanGreecelibyaSurveyTurkey
Next Post

UNSMIL: Libyan Ceasefire Agreement To Be Ratified By UN Security Council

POPULAR CATEGORIES

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

MUST READ

Military Convoys From Misrata Head to Tripoli Amid Rising Tensions

Libya Under EU Pressure After Ocean Viking Shooting Incident

Libya’s Coast Guard Accused of Firing on Humanitarian Rescue Ship

Libya & US Hold Talks on Election Support

Benghazi Migration Office Deports 322 Migrants

Hannibal Gaddafi Demands Justice After a Decade of “Unlawful” Detention in Lebanon

EDITOR PICKS

Libya Warns of Power Strain as Temperatures Surge in East

Italy’s Senate to Finalise Prisoner Agreement with Libya

Libya Joins OIC Ministerial Meeting on Gaza

Benghazi Migration Office Deports 322 Migrants

Libya & US Hold Talks on Election Support

Libya Under EU Pressure After Ocean Viking Shooting Incident

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR