Saturday, November 29, 2025
LibyaReview
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
LibyaReview
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Analyst: Foreign Forces Will Only Leave Libya through Pressure from International Community

June 7, 2021
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Political researcher, Mahmoud Al-Kazzah stressed that the exit of mercenaries from Libya will be achieved only by real and fair international support to the current interim Government of National Unity (GNU) in fulfilling its duties.

In press statements, Al-Kazzah said that there is only an option to resort to peaceful solutions to the Libyan conflict and the country should endeavor to remove all mercenaries and foreign forces from the North African country.

In this regard, Al-Kazah cited the recent statements of the country’s Foreign Minister, Najla Al-Mangoush, that all foreign forces must leave Libya, which was met with strong protest and indignation by the pro-Muslim Brotherhood powers.

He explained that a big number of Tripoli-based militias described Al-Mangoush’s statements as reckless and reiterated their loyalty to Turkey who provides them with arms and mercenaries.

He also critiqued the dismissed Mufti Sadiq al-Ghariani, known for his extremist fatwas inciting violence, who called for staging protests in support of Turkey, and its illegal presence in Libya.

Recently, the European Union (EU) called for the departure of all foreign forces and mercenaries from Libya, describing it as a “precondition” for a return to stability in the war-torn country.

At a news conference in the Libyan capital, Tripoli, EU Council President, Charles Michel, described the appointment of a transitional government earlier this year as a “historic moment.”

The government is meant to lead the country until general elections take place on December 24th.

“You have created an opportunity to rebuild your country, but there is one precondition — all foreign fighters and troops must leave the country,” Michel said, urging Libya’s political — and mostly armed — factions to seize a “unique opportunity to build a united sovereign stable and prosperous country.”

Civil war broke out in Libya after the toppling of long-time ruler Moammer Gaddafi in 2011. Numerous militias are fighting for power and influence in the country, with Tripoli-allied militias backed by Turkey and Qatar.

Tags: Foreign ForcesInternational CommunitylibyaLibyan Government
Next Post

Libya Ranked 15th in Arab World in Vaccinating Citizens against COVID-19

POPULAR CATEGORIES

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

MUST READ

Trump Places Libya on Permanent US Immigration Ban List

Libyan PM Osama Hammad Backs Citizens’ Call for Swift Presidential Elections

Russian Military Plane Flies to Libya Through Turkish Airspace

Italy Looks to Expand Business in Libya

Parliament Speaker Calls for Immediate Presidential Elections in Libya

Egypt Repatriates 131 Citizens From Libyan Capital

EDITOR PICKS

Libyan Airlines: Fleet Not Affected by Airbus Emergency Technical Directive

Sirte Oil Company Expands Vision at Benghazi Expo

ORF: Libya Faces Hidden Crisis Behind Oil Revenues

WFP Resumes Support for Sudanese Refugees in Libya

Russian Military Plane Flies to Libya Through Turkish Airspace

Parliament Speaker Calls for Immediate Presidential Elections in Libya

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR