Friday, August 29, 2025
LibyaReview
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
LibyaReview
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

800 Libyans Stranded in Tunisia Repatriated

July 12, 2021
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

On Monday, the Undersecretary of the Ministry of Transportation of Libya’s Interim Government of National Unity (GNU), Wissam Al-Idrissi, confirmed that a total of 800 stranded Libyans in Tunisia have been successfully repatriated over the past two days.

In press statements, Al-Idrisi explained that they have taken all the necessary measures to facilitate the repatriation process.

On Saturday, Head of Libya’s Presidential Council, Mohamed Al-Mnifi issued instructions to all relevant authorities to assist nationals returning home, noting that all precautionary measures should be taken upon their return.

The Libyan government has decided to close its air and land borders with Tunisia for a week starting from 00:00 local time Friday (22:00 GMT Thursday), said the government’s Spokesman, Mohamed Hamuda. This is due to the deteriorating COVID-19 pandemic situation in Tunisia, amid the rise in infections of the Delta variant, as well as the announcement of the collapse of Tunisia’s healthcare system.

“Over the past few days, Libya has recorded an alarming number of cases, after the situation remained under control for many weeks. Libyan cities located near the border with Tunisia have witnessed high numbers of infections,” said Dr. Badr Al-Din Al-Najjar, Director of the Libyan National Center for Disease Control (NCDC).

“The fight against the virus is far from over. The virus still strikes and changes,” he said. “Therefore, precautions must be taken seriously.”

Mohamed Al-Hashimi, a respiratory diseases specialist, said that Libya was very late in closing the border, since the delta variant has been spreading for weeks in Tunisia.

Libya has so far reported more than 200,000 COVID-19 cases, with 180,484 recoveries and 3,232 deaths, according to the NCDC.

Tags: libyaLibyan GovernmentMinistry of TransportationTunisia
Next Post

Zuwara Threatens to Expel Illegal Migrants from City

POPULAR CATEGORIES

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

MUST READ

Military Convoys From Misrata Head to Tripoli Amid Rising Tensions

Libya Under EU Pressure After Ocean Viking Shooting Incident

Libya’s Coast Guard Accused of Firing on Humanitarian Rescue Ship

Libya & US Hold Talks on Election Support

Benghazi Migration Office Deports 322 Migrants

Hannibal Gaddafi Demands Justice After a Decade of “Unlawful” Detention in Lebanon

EDITOR PICKS

Libya Warns of Power Strain as Temperatures Surge in East

Italy’s Senate to Finalise Prisoner Agreement with Libya

Libya Joins OIC Ministerial Meeting on Gaza

Benghazi Migration Office Deports 322 Migrants

Libya & US Hold Talks on Election Support

Libya Under EU Pressure After Ocean Viking Shooting Incident

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR