Friday, August 29, 2025
LibyaReview
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
LibyaReview
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Libya’s Bashagha Outlines Security Plans for 2023

February 15, 2023
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Libyan Parliament-designated Prime Minister, Fathi Bashagha met with the Head of the Internal Security Agency (ISA), Major General Osama Al-Darsi. They discussed the agency’s work plan for the year 2023.

During a meeting held at the cabinet’s headquarters in Sirte, Bashagha was briefed on the agency’s needs and the difficulties it faces.

Bashagha listened to a full explanation of the security equipment, and the plans being implemented by the ISA to maintain stability and security.

He also praised the efforts made by the officers and employees of the agency, in order to preserve national security.

Last week, the Interior Ministry of Bashagha’s government agreed to cooperate with the Libyan National Army (LNA), to tighten security in Benghazi.

The Undersecretary of the Interior Ministry, Faraj Egaim met with the Head of the Anti-Terrorism Prosecution, Colonel Issam Adbish. They agreed to work together to control the spread of weapons, and to support and assign police stations to arrest wanted persons.

Egaim called for concerted efforts and joint coordination between the police and the army. The meeting was attended by a number of security and military leaders in Benghazi.

Moreover, the Interior Ministry denounced the UN’s “dealings with the rival Government of National Unity (GNU) led by Abdel-Hamid Dbaiba, and its coordination with it regarding holding the elections.”

The Interior Ministry said that the GNU’s “influence does not exceed the capital, Tripoli.”

This comes in response to the meeting of the UN Envoy to Libya, Abdoulaye Bathily with the acting Minister of Interior of the GNU, Emad Trabelsi. He affirmed the ministry’s readiness to “secure and protect the elections.”

The Interior Ministry said in a statement that “the promotion and publishing of the meeting with the rival government lacks credibility, and contradicts the Libyan reality.” It called on the United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL) to “respect the Security Council’s decision, and its tasks in charge of mediation between all Libyan parties.”

Tags: Fathi BashaghalibyaLibyan PMsecuritySecurity Council
Next Post

'Libya Plus' Youth Platform Launched In Tripoli

POPULAR CATEGORIES

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

MUST READ

Military Convoys From Misrata Head to Tripoli Amid Rising Tensions

Libya’s Coast Guard Accused of Firing on Humanitarian Rescue Ship

Libya Under EU Pressure After Ocean Viking Shooting Incident

Hannibal Gaddafi Demands Justice After a Decade of “Unlawful” Detention in Lebanon

New Cement Project to Produce 12,000 Tonnes Daily in Libya’s Nalut

Libya & US Hold Talks on Election Support

EDITOR PICKS

Libya & US Hold Talks on Election Support

Libya Under EU Pressure After Ocean Viking Shooting Incident

Brazilian Exports to Libya Reach 422 Million Dollars

Fuel Shortages Force Bakery Closures in Libya’s Zliten

Military Convoys From Misrata Head to Tripoli Amid Rising Tensions

Hannibal Gaddafi Demands Justice After a Decade of “Unlawful” Detention in Lebanon

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR