Tuesday, May 19, 2026
LibyaReview
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
LibyaReview
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Libya Condemns Israeli Troops’ Storming of Nablus

February 24, 2023
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

On Thursday, the Libyan Ministry of Foreign Affairs condemned Israeli forces’ storming of the Palestinian city of Nablus in the occupied West Bank on Wednesday. This left ten Palestinians dead, and more than a hundred injured.

The ministry offered its condolences to the Palestinian government and people, and wished the injured a speedy recovery. “Libya voices its categorical rejection of such aggression against the Palestinian people in Nablus, calling on the international community to assume its responsibilities and intervene immediately to end the ‘repeated and serious’ Israeli violations against the Palestinian people,” the statement read.

It also reiterated Libya’s “firm position towards establishing an independent Palestinian state with East Jerusalem as its capital, and its permanent solidarity with the Palestinian people.”

Earlier today, Israeli troops raided Nablus, killing 10, and injuring dozens. The injured were admitted to hospitals with gunshot wounds

According to the Palestinian Health Ministry, those killed in the raid were aged 16 to 72. The Arab League described the raid as a “heinous crime.”

“The occupation authorities and the far-right Israeli government are responsible for this horrible massacre,” said Said Abu Ali, the Arab League’s Assistant Secretary-General for Palestinian Affairs.

Since the start of this year, Israeli raids in the West Bank have claimed the lives of 59 Palestinian adults and children.

Nine Israelis, including three children, one Ukrainian civilian, and a police officer have been killed over the same period, according to an AFP tally based on official sources from both sides.

The Israeli government has intensified its crackdown on Nablus, and the nearby city of Jenin since late December. This came amid Benjamin Netanyahu’s comeback as Prime Minister at the helm of a cabinet of hard-right and ultra-Orthodox parties.

Late last month, Israeli forces shot and killed at least 10 Palestinians, and wounded over a dozen others during a violent raid on a refugee camp adjacent to Jenin.

Tags: Foreign AffairsIsraellibyaNablusPalestine
Next Post

Civil Aviation Workers in Libya Threaten to go on Strike

POPULAR CATEGORIES

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

MUST READ

Libyan Court Clears Former Gaddafi Officials Of Charges Linked To 2011 Unrest

Libyan National Army Launches Largest Military Exercise

Renewed Security Unrest Reported in Libyan Capital, Tripoli

Can Libya’s New Border Strategy Reshape Sahel Security?

Rights Group Urges Libya to Release Detained Sudanese Refugees

Libya Fuel Crisis Concerns Grow Despite Official Denials

EDITOR PICKS

Libyan War Crimes Suspect Faces ICC Hearing Tomorrow

Libyan PM Demands Urgent NOC Briefing on 2026 Unified Spending Funds

Libya’s Benghazi Calls for Museum to Protect Heritage

Italian Appeals Court Releases Libyan Prisoner

Rights Group Urges Libya to Release Detained Sudanese Refugees

Egypt & Libya Reject Foreign Interference in Libyan Affairs

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR