Saturday, August 30, 2025
LibyaReview
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
LibyaReview
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Libyan Families Flee Sudan after Armed Clashes

July 3, 2023
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Libyan families fled Sudan after the armed conflict intensified between rival factions, according to the Libyan News Agency (LANA).

The families, which include more than 100 Libyans, including women, children and the elderly, arrived in the Libyan southern city of Gallo, on the first day of Eid Al-Adha.

According to LANA, the families faced the dangers of the road, hunger and thirst, as they took a desert road and crossed the land borders through the Owainat crossing.

They have been living for decades in Khartoum, Darfur and El Fasher. Sources told LANA that these Libyan families were exposed to looting, robbery and armed extortion, after the outbreak of the recent war.

Battles raged in Khartoum during Eid al-Adha, after the Rapid Support Forces took control of a police headquarters in the Sudanese capital.

Last month, the Deputy Head of the Libyan Presidential Council, Moussa Al-Koni, said the clashes in Sudan pose a threat to neighbouring countries, especially Libya.

This came during his speech at the 22nd summit of the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) in the Zambian capital, Lusaka.

Al-Koni confirmed that the clashes in Sudan also “threaten the safety of Sudanese citizens, infrastructure, and economy.” He affirmed that “Libya is ready to participate in all efforts aimed at calming the situation in Sudan.”

He explained that the “faltering of development efforts at the national and international levels in Africa is due to the continuation of wars and armed conflicts, which have been transformed into semi-permanent conflicts.”

He highlighted the “exacerbation of displacement and famine, the emergence of new hotbeds of conflict and tension, and the accompanying humanitarian tragedies in the war-torn countries in Africa.”

In May, the Libyan Minister of Foreign Affairs, Najla Al-Mangoush, held a meeting with the Libyan Ambassador to Sudan, Fawzi Bomerriz, to discuss the latest updates on the situation of Libyan nationals residing in Sudan. She was briefed on the measures taken by the Embassy to evacuate the Libyan community in Sudan.

Tags: libyaSudan
Next Post

Italian FM Rules Out Amending Libyan Immigration Deal

POPULAR CATEGORIES

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

MUST READ

Military Convoys From Misrata Head to Tripoli Amid Rising Tensions

Benghazi Migration Office Deports 322 Migrants

Italy’s Senate to Finalise Prisoner Agreement with Libya

Libyan Parliament Calls for Withdrawal of All Foreign Forces from Libya

Libya Joins OIC Ministerial Meeting on Gaza

Libya Warns of Power Strain as Temperatures Surge in East

EDITOR PICKS

Libyan Parliament Calls for Withdrawal of All Foreign Forces from Libya

Libyan & Italian Lawmakers Meet in Rimini to Discuss Political Dialogue

EU Highlights Need for Closer US Coordination on Libya

Libya Warns of Power Strain as Temperatures Surge in East

Italy’s Senate to Finalise Prisoner Agreement with Libya

Libya Joins OIC Ministerial Meeting on Gaza

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR