Saturday, February 21, 2026
LibyaReview
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
LibyaReview
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Libyan Man Injured in Hit-and-Run Incident in Malta

July 16, 2023
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

A Libyan national was left with serious injuries after an argument with a Maltese man in Gzira, Malta on Sunday. The incident took place on Triq Sir Patrick Stuart, and resulted in the 29-year-old being hospitalized.

The Maltese man, aged 34 and from Gzira, allegedly attacked the Libyan man with a glass bottle during the argument.

The victim attempted to escape, but the Maltese man got into a car and followed him to Triq ix-Xatt, where he is said to have hit him with the vehicle before fleeing the scene.

The police are investigating the incident.

The police were called to the scene and found the victim, who was then taken to Mater Dei Hospital for treatment.

“The victim tried to escape but the other man got into a car and followed him to Triq ix-Xatt, where he allegedly drove in the direction of the Libyan, hit him, and escaped the scene,” the police said.

The police have urged anyone with information about the incident to come forward, and assist with their investigations.

In another context, a Libyan refugee in Malta, Mohamed Ali Ahmed Elmushraty, known on social media as ‘Lilu King’, was handed another legal blow as his appeal for bail was refused by the court last month.
1
The court justified the decision, stating “there was enough prima facie evidence supporting Elmushraty’s indictment.” The ruling concluded that, based on the evidence, Elmushraty needed to provide a suitable answer.

The presiding judge indicated that the alleged crime “was not an isolated incident but appeared to be part of a larger organised criminal network.” Drawing on precedents from the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR), the judge highlighted that defendants implicated in organised crime “pose a significant risk of intimidating or pressuring others upon release, which could impede the ongoing investigation.”

The Libyan boxer is also wanted by law enforcement in Tripoli. This is in connection with a raft of crimes ranging from murder to drug trafficking, a police officer who serves as an Interpol liaison testified.

Tags: libyaLibyan CitizenMalta
Next Post

Greek Minister Calls on EU to Curb Illegal Immigration from Libya

POPULAR CATEGORIES

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

MUST READ

Misrata at a Crossroads: Anti-ISIS Stronghold or Libya’s Kandahar?

Libya and Italy Step Up Coastal Highway Drive as Strategic Ties Deepen

Targeted Killing in Al-Zawiya Raises Fears of Security Breakdown

Greece Rejects Turkey-Libya Maritime Pact as Energy Dispute Escalates

Benghazi Unveils Food Support Programme Amid Economic Strain

Technology and Fracturing: NESR Moves to Revive Libya’s Mature Fields

EDITOR PICKS

Benghazi Receives Major LPG Shipment as Libya Moves to Stabilize Market

Targeted Killing in Al-Zawiya Raises Fears of Security Breakdown

Libya and Italy Step Up Coastal Highway Drive as Strategic Ties Deepen

Libya’s Al-Marj Set to Host 20,000-Seat Stadium Under National Development Plan

Misrata at a Crossroads: Anti-ISIS Stronghold or Libya’s Kandahar?

Benghazi Unveils Food Support Programme Amid Economic Strain

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR