Sunday, August 31, 2025
LibyaReview
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
LibyaReview
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

SOHR: New Batch of Syrian Mercenaries Expected in Libya

February 3, 2021
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

On Tuesday, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) confirmed that the recruitment of mercenaries from Syria to Libya is still ongoing. This is despite international calls for their expulsion from the North African country.

In a statement, SOHR said that the recruitment process was taking place in Idlib, and the northern countryside of Aleppo and Afrin through brokers. Recruits are offered financial incentives with a monthly salary of $400, under the pretext of securing facilities in Libya.

On Saturday, the observatory said that a week had passed since the deadline ended for foreign mercenaries to leave Libya. According to the ceasefire agreement reached on 23 October 2020, all foreign fighters in Libya are to leave the country within 90 days of signing. Yet, thousands remain, supporting both sides of the conflict.

Last week, reliable SOHR sources confirmed that a state of anger is prevailing among the Syrian mercenaries in Libya, as a new batch of them had their repatriation journey to Syria cancelled. This ignited greater discontent among the mercenaries who have already packed up and were ready to return.

Tags: BatchExpectedlibyasohrSyrian Mercenaries
Next Post

Al-Barghathi Calls for National Reconciliation to Secure Libya's Stability

POPULAR CATEGORIES

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

MUST READ

UN Mission Warns of “Dangerous Escalation” in Libya’s Tripoli

Is Dbaiba Preparing Tripoli for a New War?

Libyan Airlines Offers Compensation to Passengers over Istanbul–Tripoli Flight Cancellation

Libya Risks Nationwide Blackout Amid Fuel Crisis

Libyan Parliament Calls for Withdrawal of All Foreign Forces from Libya

Spain Detains Cargo Ship Suspected of Carrying Weapons to Libya

EDITOR PICKS

Heavy Rain & Thunderstorms Raise Flood Risk in Eastern Libya

Greece to Host Libyan Delegation for Maritime Negotiations

Spain Detains Cargo Ship Suspected of Carrying Weapons to Libya

Libya’s GECOL Reopens Gas Line to Prevents Nationwide Blackout in Libya

Libya Risks Nationwide Blackout Amid Fuel Crisis

Libya & Kurdistan Discuss Cooperation

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR