Monday, May 18, 2026
LibyaReview
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
LibyaReview
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Libyan MP Calls on Turkey to Withdraw Its Forces from Libya

April 15, 2021
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Saeed Imghib, a member of the Libyan Parliament said on Wednesday that Turkey must remove its forces and mercenaries from Libya, if it has a serious desire to seek peace and return its economic and commercial activities to Libya.

In press statements, Imghib said that Turkish President, Recep Tayyip Erdogan gambled on the war in Libya but lost, adding that the collapse of his country’s economy will not be saved by the visit of the Prime Minister of the Interim Government of National Unity (GNU) Abdel-Hamid Dbaiba and the ministerial delegation accompanying him.

“What the Turkish government should do, if it really wanted peace and was serious about its request for the return of its economic and commercial activity to Libya, is to first remove its forces and mercenaries and apologize to the Libyan people, otherwise, it will be considered a new chapter of dragging Libya and its leaders to sign more controversial agreements that aim to incite violence and widen divisions among the people,” he said.

Libya’s interim government, which took power last month, is meant to bring together a country that has been torn apart by a decade of civil war, and steer it to elections on 24 December 2021.

Turkey has been closely involved in Libya, backing the previous Government of National Accord (GNA) based in the capital Tripoli, against the Libyan National Army (LNA) based in Benghazi. Turkey sent military supplies and fighters to Libya, helping to tilt the balance of power in favour of the GNA.

Turkey also signed an agreement with the Tripoli-based government delineating the maritime boundaries between the two countries in the Mediterranean, triggering protests from Greece and Cyprus. Both countries denounced the agreement, describing it as a serious breach of international law that disregarded the rights of other Mediterranean countries.

Tags: ForceslibyampTurkeyWithdraw
Next Post

Libyan Justice Minister: Reconciliation Will Only be Achieved After Foreign Interference Ends

POPULAR CATEGORIES

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

MUST READ

Libyan National Army Launches Largest Military Exercise

Renewed Security Unrest Reported in Libyan Capital, Tripoli

Can Libya’s New Border Strategy Reshape Sahel Security?

Libya Receives Additional US Dollar Shipment To End Foreign Currency Shortages

Libya Fuel Crisis Concerns Grow Despite Official Denials

Lieutenant General Saddam Haftar Hails Libya’s Fight against Terrorism

EDITOR PICKS

Libyan Parliament Speaker Praises Egypt’s Support for Libya

Libya Fuel Crisis Concerns Grow Despite Official Denials

Libya Restores Operations at Sebha International Airport

Can Libya’s New Border Strategy Reshape Sahel Security?

Libya and Chad Strengthen Diplomatic Ties with Benghazi Consulate

Libya Receives Additional US Dollar Shipment To End Foreign Currency Shortages

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR