Friday, August 29, 2025
LibyaReview
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
LibyaReview
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Russia & Italy Support Withdrawal of Foreign Forces from Libya

August 28, 2021
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

On Friday, Russian Foreign Minister, Sergej Lavrov, and Italian Prime Minister, Mario Draghi, met in Rome to discus the situation in Libya.

The Chigi government palace said both sides agreed on the need to continue the political dialogue backed by the United Nations (UN) and the importance of the withdrawal of foreign troops from Libya.

Russian Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman, Maria Zakharova, said that the talks will also focus on the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) file, the situation in Ukraine, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria, as well as developments in the Mediterranean.

It is noteworthy that Lavrov and his Libyan counterpart, Najlaa Al-Mangoush called for the gradual and synchronized withdrawal of the foreign troops from Libya.

During a joint press conference in Moscow last week, Al-Mangoush stressed that the withdrawal should be synchronized by both sides to “ensure a balance on the ground.”

Lavrov said Moscow and Tripoli support the withdrawal of all foreign military personnel, without exception, from Libya. He also called for international solidarity to rebuild the institutions of the Libyan state, focusing on his country’s support to the 5+5 Joint Military Commission (JMC).

Tags: Di MaioForeign ForcesItalylibyaRussiaSergey Lavrov
Next Post

Libyan Health Ministry Confirms 'Stable' COVID-19 Situation in Libya

POPULAR CATEGORIES

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

MUST READ

Libya’s Coast Guard Accused of Firing on Humanitarian Rescue Ship

Military Convoys From Misrata Head to Tripoli Amid Rising Tensions

Libya Under EU Pressure After Ocean Viking Shooting Incident

Hannibal Gaddafi Demands Justice After a Decade of “Unlawful” Detention in Lebanon

African Intelligence Chiefs Back Libya’s Security Proposal

Libya’s Belgassem Haftar Forms Committee to Address Power Crisis

EDITOR PICKS

Libya & US Hold Talks on Election Support

Libya Under EU Pressure After Ocean Viking Shooting Incident

Brazilian Exports to Libya Reach 422 Million Dollars

Fuel Shortages Force Bakery Closures in Libya’s Zliten

Military Convoys From Misrata Head to Tripoli Amid Rising Tensions

Hannibal Gaddafi Demands Justice After a Decade of “Unlawful” Detention in Lebanon

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR