Friday, August 29, 2025
LibyaReview
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
LibyaReview
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Libyan Foreign Ministry Denounces Greece’s “Irresponsible Acts” in Mediterranean

December 7, 2022
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Libyan Foreign Ministry denounced Greece’s “irresponsible acts” in the Mediterranean, according to a statement on Wednesday.

The statement claimed that Athens had contracted with some international companies to conduct gas and oil exploration in the disputed Libyan-Greek maritime borders, specifically to the south and southwest of Crete.

The Foreign Ministry stated that “it will continue to defend Libya’s maritime borders with all possible legal and diplomatic means.”

The statement noted that there are reports that proved the validity of the research and exploration work for Greece’s oil and gas exploration. This is being carried out by the ship, SANCO SWIFT in the eastern Mediterranean.

“Greece is working hard to exploit the Libyan crisis and impose a fait accompli in defining the Libyan-Greek maritime borders,” the statement said.

Tensions rose after Libya and Turkey signed a series of economic agreements, that included potential energy exploration in maritime areas.

The agreements will allow for oil and gas exploration in Libyan waters, and come three years after the two countries signed a maritime border deal, Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu said after signing the MoU in Tripoli.

The agreement was condemned by the EU, Greece, Egypt, US, UK, and France.

Last month, Greek Foreign Minister, Nikos Dendias cancelled his trip to the Libyan capital, minutes after arriving at Tripoli’s Mitiga International Airport. After the plane landed, his Libyan counterpart Najla Al-Mangoush was waiting to receive him, “the Greek FM refused to disembark the plane, and returned Athens without any clarifications,” according to the Libyan Foreign Ministry.

Dendias redirected his plane to Benghazi, in Libya’s east, where he met with Parliament Speaker, Ageela Saleh, and the Commander-in-Chief of the Libyan National Army (LNA), Field Marshal Khalifa Haftar.

Tags: GreeceIrresponsible ActslibyaMediterranean
Next Post

Chinese Companies Looking to Resume Work in Libya

POPULAR CATEGORIES

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

MUST READ

Military Convoys From Misrata Head to Tripoli Amid Rising Tensions

Libya’s Coast Guard Accused of Firing on Humanitarian Rescue Ship

Libya Under EU Pressure After Ocean Viking Shooting Incident

Hannibal Gaddafi Demands Justice After a Decade of “Unlawful” Detention in Lebanon

Libya & US Hold Talks on Election Support

New Cement Project to Produce 12,000 Tonnes Daily in Libya’s Nalut

EDITOR PICKS

Benghazi Migration Office Deports 322 Migrants

Libya & US Hold Talks on Election Support

Libya Under EU Pressure After Ocean Viking Shooting Incident

Brazilian Exports to Libya Reach 422 Million Dollars

Fuel Shortages Force Bakery Closures in Libya’s Zliten

Military Convoys From Misrata Head to Tripoli Amid Rising Tensions

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR