Tuesday, February 17, 2026
LibyaReview
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
LibyaReview
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Gunmen Attack Judical Official in Sebha

October 24, 2021
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

On Saturday, the Head of Libya’s Supreme Judicial Council said that unidentified gunmen assaulted the Director of the Sebha District Prosecution, Nasr Abdel Hafeez. This occurred as he was returning from a work assignment related to following up on some cases with the security authorities.

In a statement, the judicial council confirmed that it is following up on the matter with great concern, stressing that they will pursue the Gunmen and bring them to justice.

The statement called on the executive authority to provide the necessary protection for members of judicial bodies and their staffs.

Notably, the United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL) documented a number of cases of illegal arrests and detention, enforced disappearances, torture, and extrajudicial killings of civilians, officials, journalists, civil society members and human rights activists in Tripoli during the past year.

“Under international human rights law, no one may be arbitrarily arrested or detained. Torture, enforced disappearances, and extrajudicial killings are strictly prohibited as are abductions and kidnappings,” said Ján Kubiš, Head of UNSMIL.

“The Mission calls on the Libyan authorities to fully investigate all alleged violations of international human rights law and international humanitarian law. Libya must end the entrenched culture of impunity in the country”, stressed Kubiš.

Libya has sought to emerge from a decade of chaos since the 2011 fall of Moammar Gaddafi’s regime.

A transitional government was formed earlier this year under the auspices of the United Nations (UN). It has been tasked with leading the country to elections scheduled for the 24th of December 2021.

Despite political progress in recent months, the security situation in the oil-rich country remains precarious.

  • Egypt and France Discuss Libya
  • Germany-Italy Discuss Libya
  • Egyptian-US FMs Discuss Libya
  • Putin-Macron Discuss Developments in Libya
  • Russia Condemns West for Intervention in Libya
Tags: Judicial OfficiallibyaSebhaUnidentified Gunmen
Next Post

Exchange of Syrian Mercenaries in Libya Suspended

POPULAR CATEGORIES

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

MUST READ

Security Boost Announced for Southern Libya During Ramadan

Libya Marks Revolution Anniversary as Political Rift Deepens

Turkey and Libya Deepen Coordination in Aftermath of Fatal Ankara Air Crash

From Interception to Detention: UN Maps Libya’s Migrant Abuse Pipeline

Libyan Army Marks February 17 Anniversary with Pledge to Defend State & Sovereignty

Libya’s Political Divide Resurfaces on Revolution Anniversary

EDITOR PICKS

UK Urges Political Breakthrough as Libya Marks 15 Years Since February 17

Libyan Army Marks February 17 Anniversary with Pledge to Defend State & Sovereignty

Security Boost Announced for Southern Libya During Ramadan

Libya’s Political Divide Resurfaces on Revolution Anniversary

From Interception to Detention: UN Maps Libya’s Migrant Abuse Pipeline

Libya Marks Revolution Anniversary as Political Rift Deepens

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR