Monday, May 18, 2026
LibyaReview
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
LibyaReview
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

SOHR: Thousands of Syrian Mercenaries Remain in Libya

February 22, 2022
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Director of the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR), Rami Abdel-Rahman stated that the process of sending Syrian mercenaries to Libya remains ongoing.

Abdel-Rahman explained that Turkey continues to exchange mercenaries, send more fighters, with many using escaling to Italy through smuggling lines.

During statements to Al-Massar TV on Sunday, the SOHR Director said that there are still thousands of Syrians present in western Libya.

“There is a Turkish security company that is taking them from Syria, and giving them a legal cover in Libya by working for the Turkish security company,” he claimed.

Abdel-Rahman denounced the silence of the Arab media on this matter. He suggested that this was due to understandings taking place between Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, and some Arab countries.

“We distance ourselves from the media war between Erdogan and some Arab countries, and talk about the fact that there are mercenaries still going from Syria to Libya,” he concluded.

Earlier this month, the SOHR announced that a new batch of 150 Syrian mercenaries have arrived in Libya.

According to the Observatory’s sources, most of these fighters belong to the ‘Mohamed Al-Fateh Brigade.’ It added that the mercenaries had reportedly paid their commanders, to travel to Libya.

SOHR called for the withdrawal of all Syrians, “who have turned into tools in the hands of the Turkish government” and for their immediate return to Syria.

It also demanded an end to the use of Syrians as mercenaries by Turkey and Russia, explaining that there are Syrian fighters alongside the Russian Wagner mercenaries.

An estimated 7,000 Syrian fighters are believed to remain in Libya, according to the SOHR. However, the October 2020 ceasefire agreement between Libya’s warring parties demanded that all foreign mercenaries be withdrawn within three months of its signing.

  • SOHR: 16,500 Syrian Mercenaries Are In Libya
  • SOHR: Thousands of Syrian Mercenaries Remain in Libya
  • SOHR Claims More Syrian Fighters En Route To Tripoli
  • SOHR Says Turkey Sent Nearly 18,000 Syrian Mercenaries to Libya
  • SOHR: Turkey Coercing Syrian Fighters To Libya
Tags: libyasohrSyrian MercenariesTurkey
Next Post

Russian-Libyan Energy Ministers Discuss Cooperation

POPULAR CATEGORIES

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

MUST READ

Can Libya’s New Border Strategy Reshape Sahel Security?

Libyan National Army Launches Largest Military Exercise

Libya Receives Additional US Dollar Shipment To End Foreign Currency Shortages

Libya Fuel Crisis Concerns Grow Despite Official Denials

Renewed Security Unrest Reported in Libyan Capital, Tripoli

Libyan Court Clears Former Gaddafi Officials Of Charges Linked To 2011 Unrest

EDITOR PICKS

Rights Group Urges Libya to Release Detained Sudanese Refugees

Egypt & Libya Reject Foreign Interference in Libyan Affairs

Libyan Court Clears Former Gaddafi Officials Of Charges Linked To 2011 Unrest

Libyan Parliament Speaker Praises Egypt’s Support for Libya

Libya Fuel Crisis Concerns Grow Despite Official Denials

Libya Restores Operations at Sebha International Airport

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR