Wednesday, February 18, 2026
LibyaReview
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
LibyaReview
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Turkey Sent 200 New Syrian Mercenaries to Libya

June 19, 2021
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

On Saturday, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) stated that dozens of Turkish-backed Syrian mercenaries were repatriated from Libya during the past few days.

In a statement, the SOHR said that nearly 140 Syrian fighters from the Al-Hamza, Faylaq Al-Majd, Sultan Murad, and Al-Mu’tasim division had been repatriated from Libya to Syria.

It added that this step was not part of the agreement to withdraw fighters from the country, but rather to deploy new fighters. The Observatory also claimed that a group of more than 200 fighters from the same factions were sent to Libya by the Turkish government.

The Observatory noted that the repatriated groups often consist of 100-250 mercenaries, with similarly sized groups deployed to Libya. The repatriation of those fighters is said to be based on certain health and security conditions.

There remains a continued dissatisfaction among the fighters, and resentment in terms of not receiving their salaries and their strong desire to return. Many of the mercenaries have reportedly not received their salaries for months, and some have tried to escape their training camps in Tripoli. A number have also tried to flee to Europe, through Italy.

The number of Syrian mercenaries sent to Libya by Turkey is estimated at 18,000, including 350 minors under the age of 18. The majority of these child soldiers were recruited by the ‘Sultan Murad’ militia, who exploited their personal hardships to enlist them.

About 10,750 mercenaries are thought to have returned to Syria after the end of their contracts. The number of jihadists believed to have arrived among them is 10,000 fighters, of whom 2,500 were Tunisian nationals.

About 10,750 mercenaries are thought to have returned to Syria after the end of their contracts. The number of jihadists believed to have arrived among them is 10,000 fighters, of whom 2,500 were Tunisian nationals.

Tags: libyasohrSyrian MercenariesTurkey
Next Post

Libyan Commander Denies Progress in Implementing Ceasefire Agreement

Please login to join discussion

POPULAR CATEGORIES

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

MUST READ

Security Boost Announced for Southern Libya During Ramadan

Libyan Army Marks February 17 Anniversary with Pledge to Defend State & Sovereignty

UK Urges Political Breakthrough as Libya Marks 15 Years Since February 17

Libya’s Political Divide Resurfaces on Revolution Anniversary

Reform or Delay? Dbaiba’s Cabinet Shake-Up Raises Fresh Questions Over Libya’s Elections

From Interception to Detention: UN Maps Libya’s Migrant Abuse Pipeline

EDITOR PICKS

Storming of Tripoli HQ Sparks Fresh Crisis in Libya’s Judiciary

Libyan Judicial Team Flies to Ankara After Black Box Findings in Deadly Crash

Reform or Delay? Dbaiba’s Cabinet Shake-Up Raises Fresh Questions Over Libya’s Elections

French Exports to Libya Soar Nearly 50% in 2025

Libya Eyes Healthcare Reset with Tobruk Medical Center Upgrade

UK Urges Political Breakthrough as Libya Marks 15 Years Since February 17

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR