Monday, May 18, 2026
LibyaReview
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
LibyaReview
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Tunisian Transport Company Resumes Activities with Libya

September 22, 2021
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Tunisian Intercity Transport Company (La Société Nationale de Transport Interurbain – SNTRI), announced the resumption of its activities on the joint line linking Tunis and Tripoli, starting Friday 24 September.

“The pre-booking process has been opened at the road transport station in Bab Alioua in Tunis,” SNTRI said in a statement.

On Saturday, the Tunisian national carrier, Tunisair, announced the resumption of its flights from Tunis Carthage airport to Tripoli-Mitiga and Benghazi airports in Libya starting 23 September.

In a statement, the Tunisian airline recalled that passengers must comply with the agreed upon health protocol. The resumption of Tunisair flights to Libya follows the presidential decision to reopen the border crossings with Libya.

This came during a meeting with the Tunisian Foreign Minister, Othman Al-Jarandi, Interior Minister, Reda Gharslawi, and Health Minister, Ali Merabet, where President Kais Saied was briefed on the outcomes of the Tunisian-Libyan joint security and health ministerial committees meetings.

The decision to reopen the border follows a visit last week by Libyan Prime Minister, Abdel-Hamid Dbaiba to Tunis, after growing friction over the border and other issues.

President Saied further called for respecting the health protocol put in place, emphasising that other measures could be announced following the evaluation of the epidemiological situation.

Border crossings have been closed since 8 July due to the outbreak of the mutated Delta strain of the COVID-19 virus in Libya. The government announced it was closing its borders with Tunisia for a week due to the rise of cases in the country, a government spokesman said. The decision came as a precautionary step to what the government described as “worsening situation and collapsed health system.”

  • Libya’s International Midfielder Claims Tunisian League Title with ES Tunis
  • Libyan Attorney General Discusses Cooperation with Tunisia & France
  • Libyan PM Discusses Health Sector Needs in the South of the Country
  • Tunisian Ambassador: Libyans Welcome in Tunisia
  • Tunisair Announces Resumption of Flights to Libya
Tags: libyatripoliTunisTunisiaTunisian Transport
Next Post

EU Reiterates Support for Libya

POPULAR CATEGORIES

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

MUST READ

Libyan Court Clears Former Gaddafi Officials Of Charges Linked To 2011 Unrest

Libyan National Army Launches Largest Military Exercise

Can Libya’s New Border Strategy Reshape Sahel Security?

Libya Fuel Crisis Concerns Grow Despite Official Denials

Renewed Security Unrest Reported in Libyan Capital, Tripoli

Rights Group Urges Libya to Release Detained Sudanese Refugees

EDITOR PICKS

Libyan War Crimes Suspect Faces ICC Hearing Tomorrow

Libyan PM Demands Urgent NOC Briefing on 2026 Unified Spending Funds

Libya’s Benghazi Calls for Museum to Protect Heritage

Italian Appeals Court Releases Libyan Prisoner

Rights Group Urges Libya to Release Detained Sudanese Refugees

Egypt & Libya Reject Foreign Interference in Libyan Affairs

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR