Saturday, August 30, 2025
LibyaReview
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
LibyaReview
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Tunisia Recieves 800,000 Libyan Tourists

August 11, 2022
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Minister of Tourism and Handicrafts in Tunisia, Mohamed Moez Belhossein said that “the number of Libyan tourists reached 800,000 as of July.”

In press statements, Belhossein added that “our neighbouring countries, Libya and Algeria, are important for the tourism industry in Tunisia.”

This came during his visit to Medenine, which began with a visit to Djerba–Zarzis International Airport. This was to examine the conditions for receiving tourists on the island of Djerba.

He also went to the Tunisa-Libya border Ras Ajdair, where he witnessed the reception of Libyan visitors. He followed the work of the reception and tourist guidance office of the Tunisian National Tourism Office.

Belhossein praised the “efforts of the airport staff and supervisors and the concerned ministries to develop and improve the level of services provided, which contributed to facilitating the movement of passengers in both directions.”

Last month, the Director of Quarantine at the Wazin border crossing, Masoud Shamsan said that the border is open on both sides, and the congestion is caused by the slow procedures of Tunisia.

In press statements, Shamsan added that “traffic continues for 24 hours, and the waiting hours were approximately six hours. Ambulances and medical patients are not exempted.”

He pointed out that commercial transport is continuing, and the number of those passing through the Wazin and Ras Ajdir crossings were in the thousands.

Recently, The Central Bank of Libya (CBL) said that the Governor of the Bank, Sadiq al-Kabir, and his Tunisian counterpart, Marouane El Abassi, discussed common files in the banking and financial areas.

  • First Trip in a Decade – Europeans Tourist Visit Libya
  • Libyan Minister: Libya to Receive 800 Tourists in December
  • Libya Welcomes Back Tourists after a Decade of War
  • LNA Forces Free Sharara Oil Field Staff Kidnapped in July 2018
  • Libya’s Oil Revenues Exceed $2 Billion in July
Tags: libyaLibyan TouristsTourism MinisterTunisia
Next Post

US & AFRICOM Support Reunification of Libyan Army

POPULAR CATEGORIES

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

MUST READ

Military Convoys From Misrata Head to Tripoli Amid Rising Tensions

Benghazi Migration Office Deports 322 Migrants

Italy’s Senate to Finalise Prisoner Agreement with Libya

Libya Under EU Pressure After Ocean Viking Shooting Incident

Libya Joins OIC Ministerial Meeting on Gaza

Libyan Parliament Calls for Withdrawal of All Foreign Forces from Libya

EDITOR PICKS

Libyan Parliament Calls for Withdrawal of All Foreign Forces from Libya

Libyan & Italian Lawmakers Meet in Rimini to Discuss Political Dialogue

EU Highlights Need for Closer US Coordination on Libya

Libya Warns of Power Strain as Temperatures Surge in East

Italy’s Senate to Finalise Prisoner Agreement with Libya

Libya Joins OIC Ministerial Meeting on Gaza

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR