The Director of the International Health Oversight Office at the Ras Al-Jdair border crossing between Libya and Tunisia, Mokhtar Al-Mansouri, said that the total number of Libyan nationals who recently entered through the crossing reached 1,965 between May 18 and May 25.
In a statement to the Media Office of the National Center for Disease Control (NCDC), Al-Mansouri indicated that the total number of nationals who entered through the crossing during the first day of Eid Al-Fitr amounted to 616. A further 183 citizen entered on the second day.
Al-Mansouri said that in coordination with Tunisian authorities all citizens had to display proof that they had completed the mandatory two week quarantine.
In addition, nationals had to bring valid medical tests to demonstrate they were free of Covid-19 before their entry into Libya.
The NCDC has previously recorded one positive case arriving from Tunisia, after which the monitoring and investigation teams at the Center followed up with everyone who had been in contact with the person.