On Sunday, the Libyan National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) announced that no new cases of COVID-19 had been registered after 162 samples tested negative for the virus.
On Friday, the NCDC announced the country’s second death from complications relating to Covid-19. The total number of cases in Libya is currently 61, including 2 death and 15 recoveries.
Al Hawari General Hospital in Benghazi said on Thursday that four patients had recovered and that no new cases had been recorded in Libya’s eastern cities.
On Thursday, the Presidential Council of the Government of National Accord reduced curfew hours in Libya’s western cities. The new curfew will last from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. for ten days, starting next Tuesday.
Ahmed al-Hassi, the spokesman for the medical committee to combat COVID-19 in Libya’s eastern cities, said on Friday that there were no new cases in the region after the recovery of four people who had previously tested positive.
He called for lifting the lockdown imposed on the infected area in Benghazi, hoping that citizens would abide by the committee’s curfew instructions and the ban on public gatherings.