Sunday, May 24, 2026
LibyaReview
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
LibyaReview
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Libya’s HNEC Adopts Electoral Campaign Regulations

December 5, 2021
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Libya’s High National Elections Commission (HNEC) issued a decision approving the electoral campaign list for the Presidential, and Libyan Parliament elections.

HNEC pointed out that the regulation includes 31 articles explaining the “procedures, rules, and controls regulating the electoral campaigns of candidates” for the upcoming elections, in accordance with the electoral laws.

Notably, HNEC issued its cumulative daily report on the process of registering candidates for the Parliamentary elections. HNEC revealed that 2,757 candidates have registered, according to the latest statistics update on Sunday.

The third electoral district, Benghazi and its suburbs came at the top of the list with 537 candidates. The twelfth electoral district, Al-Aziziyah and its suburbs, came at the bottom of the list with 104 candidates.

The registration deadline is set for 7 December, with candidates competing for 200 seats. This includes 33 seats reserved for women.

Over 2.8 million of Libya’s seven million residents have registered to vote. Both Presidential and Parliamentary elections were slated for 24 December, but in early October the Libyan Parliament postponed the legislative elections until January.

Head of HNEC, Emad Al-Din Al-Sayeh previously announced the adoption of new measures to prevent fraud in the upcoming national elections. “It is a huge logistical operation, even more complicated than updating the voter registration system, as it is a sensitive and accurate process. The entire electoral process depends on it,” he explained.

Earlier in November, HNEC opened the registration process for the December elections. These are seen as a step toward normalcy after nearly ten years of war in the country.

25 candidates, including Saif Al-Islam Gaddafi, have been barred from the planned Presidential elections. In a statement, the commission said that Saif Al-Islam was ineligible to run, compounding the turmoil surrounding the vote.

  • Over 3,000 Register for Libyan Parliamentary Elections
  • UN: HNEC Sole Decider of Candidates Eligibility
  • US Ambassador Meets Libya’s Presidential Candidates
  • Libya’s Election Committee Reiterates its Neutrality
  • Libyan Interior Minister Discusses Securing Elections
Tags: Electoral CommisionHNEClibyaLibyan Elections
Next Post

Libya-EU Discuss Sending Mission to Monitor Elections

POPULAR CATEGORIES

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

MUST READ

Turkey Expands Libya Influence Through Joint Military Drills

Libya Rejects Migrant Settlement Plans

Libya Foils Desert Smuggling Operation & Rescues 52 Migrants

ICC Warns Libya Over Failure to Arrest Suspects

Libya Says Ebola Situation Remains Stable Amid Regional Outbreak Concerns

Regional Push for Libya Elections Gains Momentum Amid Political Divisions

EDITOR PICKS

South Libya Denies Ebola Cases as Health Surveillance Intensifies

Turkey Expands Libya Influence Through Joint Military Drills

Libya Foils Desert Smuggling Operation & Rescues 52 Migrants

Libya Rejects Migrant Settlement Plans

Libya Says Ebola Situation Remains Stable Amid Regional Outbreak Concerns

Regional Push for Libya Elections Gains Momentum Amid Political Divisions

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR