Sunday, February 22, 2026
LibyaReview
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion
No Result
View All Result
LibyaReview
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Chadian Rebels Look to Withdraw from Libya

January 13, 2022
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Kingabe Ogouzeimi de Tapol, a Spokesman for the Front for Change and Concord in Chad (FACT), said that many Chadian rebels are still present in Libya.

In an interview with the Italian news agency, Nova, De Tapol said that “they understand the need to return. In the past, we were in Libya to fight ISIS, but today we know that we must go back to our country.”

He expressed his regret that elections were not held in Libya.

According to Nova, many Chadian rebels remain in Libya, as they are threatened by the government, and are unable to return to Chad.

De Tabol stressed that Chadian militants “are not present in Libya to support one party against another.”

Last week, Egyptian President, Abdel-Fatah El-Sisi met with the head of the Transitional Military Council of Chad, Mohamed Idris Deby in Cairo. They discussed the political and security situation in Libya, and its repercussions on regional security and stability.

They agreed on the need for the political process in Libya, to include a clear mechanism for the withdrawal of all mercenaries and foreign forces from the country. They also stressed the need to ensure that weapons and military equipment belonging to mercenaries, are not smuggled into neighbouring states.

On 28 August, Deputy Head of the Libyan Presidential Council, Musa Al-Koni visited Chad, and agreed with Deby on the need to withdraw Chadian forces from Libyan territory.

Al-Koni and Deby agreed that “the continued presence of those fighters in southern Libya poses a threat and danger to the security and stability of Libya, as it is a threat to the security and stability of Chad.”

The two sides called for “the necessity of activating the quadripartite security agreement that was signed between Chad, Libya, Niger, and Sudan.”

  • Chadian President Accuses International Community of Excluding African Union from Libyan Solution
  • NCHRL Condemns Use of Force against Migrants in Tripoli
  • New Security Operation in Eastern and Western Libya
  • Haftar-Saleh Meet President El-Sisi in Cairo
  • Tunisian PM Calls for Support for Libyan Elections
Tags: ChadChadian RebelslibyaNOVA
Next Post

EU to Train Job Seekers in Libya

POPULAR CATEGORIES

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

MUST READ

Libya Edges Toward Uncertainty as French Report Flags Rising Tensions

Targeted Killing in Al-Zawiya Raises Fears of Security Breakdown

Libya and Italy Step Up Coastal Highway Drive as Strategic Ties Deepen

Misrata at a Crossroads: Anti-ISIS Stronghold or Libya’s Kandahar?

Cross-Border Threats Prompt Libya–Chad Security Partnership

Libya Faces Mounting Pressure as UN Seeks $1.6B for Sudan Displacement Crisis

EDITOR PICKS

Former US National Security Adviser Sounds Warning on Libya

Libya Faces Mounting Pressure as UN Seeks $1.6B for Sudan Displacement Crisis

Libya Edges Toward Uncertainty as French Report Flags Rising Tensions

Cross-Border Threats Prompt Libya–Chad Security Partnership

As Libya Restarts Energy Tenders, Turkey’s “Dorce” Moves to Scale Up

Benghazi Receives Major LPG Shipment as Libya Moves to Stabilize Market

  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Economy
  • Sport
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Opinion

© 2024 LR